Where is the school located?
Classes are held on the second floor of the Oakton University campus located at 1600 E Golf Rd, Des Plaines, IL, 60016. Our main office is in room 2701. On campus parking is free for CNCS families in parking lots A and C.
How much is the tuition?
Being a parent-run, non-profit organization, we try to keep tuition rates as low as possible. Because tuition rates can vary, it’s best to simply ask us what the current rates are. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to let you know!
What is the school schedule like?
Language classes are held on Sundays from 1:10 PM to 4:00 PM. Extracurriculars are optional and take place during 12:10 PM to 1:00 PM, and 4:10 PM to 5:00 PM.
What classes are available?
- We offer 10 levels of Traditional Chinese and 4 levels of Chinese as a second language (CSL) for students grades K-10
- Traditional Chinese class for adults at any skill level
- Optional elective classes Adult Basketball, Adult Badminton, Youth Basketball, Youth Badminton, Chinese Yo-Yo, and Lion Dance Performance.
Please see our Academics page for more about classes.
What is the minimum age requirement for classes?
For Traditional and Chinese as a second language, a minimum age of 4 or 5 is recommended, depending on the student. For Chinese Yo-Yo, a minimum age of 6 is recommended, depending on the student. If uncertain, come visit us and try out a class for free. We’re more than happy to work with you and your child to determine a good fit.
How do I sign up for classes?
Registration is available online during open registration periods.
- Visit our Registration page, select “new family” if you are a new family, or “returning family” if you have registered before.
- Read and accept consent forms and fill in and submit all of the required information
- Bring your payment in person, to the registration desk or main office, room 2701
For any questions about registration, please email us at email@example.com
What is the deadline for enrollment?
Please see our Registration page to see if the current registration period is open. If closed, contact us and we can work with you and your child.
Can I have one place to access to school's resource links/files you posted?
Absolutely. They are here for your convenience:
- General Flyer
- Tuition Chart
- Calendar/Special events
Where can I find more information about the Chicago North Chinese School?
Where is the map of classes?
You can find the map of classes below.